Friday, July 17, 2015

17th Jul 2015 (家書 – C AllStar)

The song for today is “家書” by C AllStar. I wanted to talk about this song today because one of my cousins posted the lyrics of this song on his facebook as we have recently found out that my aunty got cancer. As I was reading through the lyrics and listening to the song, I think I can feel my cousin feeling. I wanted to do something to ease him down, like perhaps replying his post with another lyrics that could cheer him up, but at the end I didn’t as I really couldn’t think of a song that can have the right message, and I really don’t know what is the most appropriate thing for me to say at this time. Anyway, back to the song. The direct English translation of the title is “Family letter”. 家書 is the type of letter that uses within a family, in modern day it is rare to have people write these, but back in the old days when long distance call is not readily available, this was the main way to get news to family members across the ocean.

The lyrics of the song are about the relationship between parents and sons. The protagonist said: “Perhaps there are something that we don’t want to say out loud, so I simply said that I was busy. Sometime you spent half a day to boil the medicine for me and protect me until the morning. Days passes by, and aged day by day. I saw the world, and I didn’t noticed that many things had started to turn yellow. No matter how wide the world is, it is nothing comparing to be on your side. Avoiding your discomfort and just be lazy and lie. The day when you checked my bag, I decided to be alone. I protest with silence and slowly we scared from each other. Kissing feels to be an expensive thing. Forget that time still passes by, the tree could be still yet the wind never stop. The wind couldn’t blow away the sense of lost. Why buried the sentence that sent love, and cried the answer out in front of the hospital bed. Back then your shadow was higher than a mountain, I could only peek at your happy face. Worry that I would be yelled at, so I never wanted to go home, but staying on the street alone is more lonely. Days passes by, and aged day by day. You have now been soften. I have thought of opening my heart, but I found that to be too hard. Pushed you away, hold onto you. Only parents will spend their life to talk about one truth. Since the crying that day, they have attached to your heart. They accompanied me to count the stars on the sky and carry me to view the beautiful world. Provided peace, taught me the self defence that is needed and even taught me to view things with a clear eyes. Sadly, there is no such thing as fairness, as time goes, how much of those time could be left for me to response. Say the words in my heart when you can still hear. If it is touching, we can hug.” Hope you will like the song.



家書 – C AllStar

No comments:

Post a Comment