Friday, July 24, 2015

24th Jul 2015 (一命,二運,三風水 – Swing)

If you have been following this blog for a while, you might have notice that I have been trying to look for a job. Today I received a call that bring me some good news, I have got an offer :D While the job is not exactly what I have in mind (I was hoping for a role that is not so similar to what I have done in the past as I wanted to experience different things), this job will be a good start for me as it is an offer from one of the leading organisations in my country. Although it is a temporary role, but let’s hopes that I will offer an extension at the end of the contract. At least this job can put a price on me and give me more experience, which will hopefully make it easier to search for other jobs when this job ended.

What I learned through this period is that there are many things that we can’t control. We can try our best to try to achieve it, but if it is not at the right time, right place with the right people, it will probably not happen. Many of these are things that we couldn’t see through, it is all fate. Which lead to the song that I chose for today “一命,二運,三風水” by Swing. I chose this song mostly because of its title. In English the title is “One fate, two luck, three Feng Shui”. The title is actually part of an old Chinese saying “一命二運三風水四積陰德五讀書” (in fact this is just the first sentence, it goes all the way to 15), meaning that there are many factors in life, and it number these factors from most important to the lease influencing. One is fate, it determine things like how and where you were born. Two is luck, it determines things like the important people that you can meet. Three is Feng Shui, which is a very Chinese thing, basically describing how your surrounding environment could affect you mentally. Four is about how you treat people, if you be nice to others, others will be nice to you. Five is study, so it highlight the important of knowledge and morality. I am not going to talk through all 15 as that will be off topic (beside, the whole concept is quite complicated, I don’t fully understand it myself :p ).

Anyway, back to the song. The lyrics of the song are about fate, it tell us that if we don’t worry too much or want too much, things will work out alright naturally, so we don’t need to worry too much. As Swing consist of two members (Jerald and Eric), I will indicate Jerald’s line by “J:”, Eric’s by “E:” and when they sing together “S:” (for Swing). J: If open your palm, things that happened will all be pre-organised with ups and downs, good and bad. Eat, place to stay and life should all be enough. Open your palms, if you are not too greedy or too harsh, open your palms and you should get what you want. E: Let the master to organise the furniture. East and west, organise everything in my future. (The concept of reorganising furniture to get better luck is part of the concept of Feng Shui). So touching, if danger arrived, only need to change the direction. S: Really, I am not worry, so I don’t need to worry about how to avoid the next cloudy day. Let my best luck drive the direction, float on my bed. It should be able to go through the world without a sweat. Don’t need to worry about how I prepared for the next test, just let the bubble to stay in my nose. Keep sleeping is fine. Rely on breathing to wear out each second nothing’s wrong. Really, I am not worry, so I don’t need to worry about how to avoid the next cloudy day. Let my best luck drive the direction, float on my bed. It should be able to go through the world without a sweat. Don’t need to worry about how I prepared for the next test, just let the bubble to stay in my nose. Tangle with the bed. Needing to breath already make me very busy. Let’s carry on the sins.

Hope you will like the song.

Related posts:


一命,二運,三風水 – Swing

1 comment: