Wednesday, May 20, 2015

20th May 2015 (蕭邦寫過的歌 – Sammi Cheng)

The song for today is “蕭邦寫過的歌” by Sammi Cheng. This song was from the year 2000. The melody was written by Eason Chan. This song was from the album “Love Is…” I remember I looped this album many times when I was working on my graphic project in high school. The direct English translation of the title is “Songs written by Chopin” (Note that Chopin is a famous musician).

The lyrics of the song are about promises. It said: “If promises are made day and night, you will feel that they are expensive. The very heavy life, you would put it down. Sea promise (海誓), is just a gesture more than anything else. Mountain party (山盟), the whole point is to make slaves. (Note that ‘海誓山盟’ is a Chinese phase that means a big promise, something that they take it very seriously. Here in the lyrics they break the phase up and put it at the start of two sentences. They don’t really mean much individually, but usually still interoperate as the same meaning as when they are put together). Promise me that I will always be able to hear songs that written by Chopin. Promise me that you will not be weak or feel sad. Promise me that I will forever be able to chew but not digest fruit. Tell me that the promise that I believed in still hold true. Could you? Could you? A comedy without sadness, it will not be dramatic. A sad story that goes all the way, is too extreme. Sea promise, could it clearly predict everything in a life? Mountain party, could it be as beautiful as the universe? Promise me that you will never change your clothes style and stay forever youth, could you? Promise me that you will not be weak or feel sad. Promise me that you will always be relax, cheerful and warm, would you hate that? Tell me that the promise that I believed in still hold true. Could you? Could you? Could you? Happiness that come so easily, you would dislike it. A disappointment that you can’t avoid, you will remembered.” Hope you will like the song.



蕭邦寫過的歌 – Sammi Cheng


No comments:

Post a Comment