Thursday, June 18, 2015

18th Jun 2015 (取消資格 – Jordan Chan)

The song for today is “取消資格” by Jordan Chan. The direct English translation of the title is “Disqualify”.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist has been rejected by the girl that he loves. He said: “Old friends would be surprise to see me like this. I normally don’t drink any alcohol, but tonight I drink non-stop. Light grey smoke ring covered my face, I would rather listen to old jokes than being comforted. I said ‘I love you’, is that heavy enough? I tried to test you whether you would accept my true love. I loved you too much and you would be scare of me right? Why you only see him in your eyes? I don’t know. Now, what do you call this? So you wouldn’t get married except it is with him? He got chosen and I accepted my failure, it is not scary. The things that I scared of the most is being disqualified but still don’t know and still tried so hard. Now what do you call this? Am I really that annoying? All I know was to give, and now I don’t know that I could do. I scared the most of losing so much but still didn’t realised and make so many people hated me.” Hope you will like the song.

Related posts:


取消資格 – Jordan Chan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, this is a great song! Enjoying your summer so far? Hope all is well.

    I'm wondering if you can help me translate this song 只得一晚 by Edmond Leung. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I actually live on the other side of the Earth, so it is winter here. So cold, but I much prefer winter than summer, as summer here is far too hot. I just wrote a post of that song, you can get to it through here:
      http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/20th-jun-2015-edmond-leung.html

      Delete