Friday, June 19, 2015

19th Jun 2015 (爸爸今天不歸家 – Pong Nan)

The song for today is “爸爸今天不歸家” by Pong Nan. The song was released in 2006, so it is rather old. The direct English translation of the title is “Dad wouldn’t come home tonight”.

The lyrics of the song are about family issues. The protagonist said: “When I was seven, I wanted to expose your secret, but all she wants was to keep it as a secret. After ten years old, I realised that I don’t feel closely related to you. You never tried to find out how we have been, never listened, only said not to ask. And I start to worry to get close to others. Have you heard the story of my close friend’s family? I don’t know how his dad looks like, so it is just like unwritten history. Those that loves to gamble are so similar to those that like to lie. So many different stories in town, everyone is like this, so how could I mind. Dad wouldn’t be coming home tonight, would I be able to find him at the edge of the sky? The person that pretend to be so busy, so busy that I am not dare to find him. His father is also not coming back home, so every crow in the world at all the same? (this is a Chinese say, that said every crow in the world are as black as the others, to describe that everyone of a type is the same as the others in that type).If someone in the future call me dad, will I be able to fight against this trend? Have you heard of the story of bad friend’s family? Every night he keeps a knife next to his bed, make me scared. Perhaps having a strict father is similar to my situation. Who is the one that make fatherly love meaningless. If this got passed on, could you tell me? D ad wouldn’t be coming home tonight, would I be able to find him at the edge of the sky? The person that band into the door, is so drunk that I don’t want to blame him. His father is also not coming back home, could mother hold up the family? If in the future my son in law calls me dad, I wish you could treasure her. Daddy’s never coming home. Everybody’s going home. When I couldn’t search for my dreams anymore, I made up my mind to build this family. Perhaps I should thanks him for teaching me how to be a father. In the future whoever is telling me to go home, I will tell him not to worry. The love that you lack, already taught me long ago that I need to be responsible. I already stop blaming anyone.” Hope you will like the song.


爸爸今天不歸家 – Pong Nan

(Only managed to find a live version of this song)

No comments:

Post a Comment