Monday, June 29, 2015

29th Jun 2015 (有隻雀仔 – Fiona Sit)

The song for today is “有隻雀仔” by Fiona Sit. This song is in reference to the Chinese version of “London Bridge is falling down” which is called “有隻雀仔跌落水” (A bird fallen into the water). The lyrics of the Chinese version of “London Bridge is falling down” is just about a bird fallen into the water and it was washed away by the water current (quite dark actually, considering that it is a nursery rhyme). The direct English translation of Fiona’s song is “A bird”.

The lyrics of the song are in reference to “有隻雀仔跌落水”, in this song though, it expended on why the bird fallen into the water. It also uses the bird fallen into the water as a metaphor of losing our dream. But instead of the bird dying, the bird will survive and learn how to swimming, implying that even when situation changes, we can still achieve what we wanted under this new condition. It said: “A rainy day, it rained for seven night straight and become a flood. Everyone in the city got washed away. Got tired and landed in the forest, but still got drifted away by the current. Under the flow, under the flood, already out of strength to chase the dreams from the childhood. Poor in my childhood but gazed up and wanted to travel far to see the biggest bird nest. If I am main to be traveling in the cloud, why am I stuck in this dirty water. So reality is not the same as what I hopped for, who can I blame. The world is so big for the bird to fly, but once fallen into the water, how to fly? Fate just like to play games with me, no room for me to fly but doesn’t mean that the bird will need to stop and submerged in the wave and float for hundreds of miles. Will wake up from dream, just like pouring ice cold water over my head, forcing us to get used to it. Strongly, from the bottom of our life creating a new revolution.  The world is so big for the bird to fly, but once fallen into the water, how to fly? Fate just like to play games with me, no room for me to fly but doesn’t mean that the bird will need to stop. It is hard to be perfect, I can only relied on myself. I will try my best, even if I can’t fly I will still open my wings. Fallen into the water, I will use my wing to swim, who said that I will be buried here, I will survive even if the sky fall. There is a bird fallen into the water, into the water, into the water. There is a bird fallen into the water, it will swim to return home”. Hope you will like the song.

21st Oct 2012 (男孩像你 – Fiona Sit)


有隻雀仔 – Fiona Sit

No comments:

Post a Comment