Saturday, June 13, 2015

13th Jun 2015 (逃學去英國 – Pong Nan)

The song for today is “逃學去英國” by Pong Nan. The direct English translation of the title is “Truancy to Britain”.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist wanting to escape his current life. The protagonist said: “Sitting in the classroom day dreaming. The ears are listening to the take-off and landing noise of aircraft. Kai Tak (here it is referring to Hong Kong’s old airport) is only a few minute away from the school. It is hard to accept the view of education of being accepting being normal. Blackboard is full of numbers and words that I don’t understand. In my mind, the radio station commander appeared. Planning to fill up a sick leave form at lunch time then bring my passport and air tickets without saying good bye. Spent all the money, but still wanted to say goodbye and leave this place behind. If the school rules are rubbish, truancy to a far place, but hard to reach Britain. Walked into the wall city (referring to Kowloon Wall City, which was close to Hong Kong’s old Kai Tak airport), who wanted to gaze at the runway all because of wishing the dreams to come true. Really wanted to cleanly escape this circle. Boring or tired, just wanted to make a clean cut. Couldn’t act as the prefect kid at school, only wanted to look up to those worked at the radio station. If I don’t have enough money, then I will just get a one way ticket. Leaving behind the school photo and diary to break my destiny. Spent all my money, then will served as a waiter to gain money to rent a place. If the school rules are rubbish, truancy to a far place, but hard to reach Britain. Backpacking, although not comfortable with it, but I still hope that I could create something new. Escaping to this distance place, who could ask me to stay behind. On the way, will there be good scenery or full of dirt, but anything is better than being board here. The edge of sky doesn’t have a shore. Even God couldn’t trap me now. If living is worse than dead, then why still need to think of that haven. I rather risk my life to backpack around.” Hope you will like the song.



逃學去英國 – Pong Nan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Love your blog! ! ! ! amazing selection of chinese songs! do you think you can translate this song 在你遙遠的附近 by alex fong if it is anyway possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, glade that you like my blog :D I just wrote about “在你遙遠的附近” for today post, you can check it out here:
      http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/15th-jun-2015-alex-fong.html

      Delete